… I’ve been pretty good this year….more or less…..so, how about it?..
- Hedi Slimane: Anthology of a Decade. This coffee table book set captures a bunch of Hedi’s photographs. I’m particularly intrigued by the FR (for France) book, which shows some of his couture work at Yves Saint Laurent and Dior.
- Double Breasted Velvet Blazer by Yves Saint Laurent. This is an amazing piece I need for the current party season. I wear a 36, but can take the 38 and have my tailor take it in. =)
- Ardbeg Supernova. I have yet to try this particular expression of Ardbeg. However, the reviews of it have been pretty good – a lot of peaty and smoky notes; exactly how I like my scotch. Malt Advocate gave it a respectable 90 point score.
- Cannondale Supersix Ultegra DI2. It’s a road bike with heritage, race-winning pedigree, and many more features than I need, but it looks pretty badass.
- Santiago Gonzalez Card Case made from a Colombian crocodile in a rich, navy blue. When it comes to personal accessories, I prefer to have something classic, and not so mainstream.
- Mr. Hare Jopling Patent Leather Shoes. I need these, especially with the raised cube toe.
- Garmin FR 70. It’s a heart rate monitor watch with ANT+ technology, which allows it to sync with the monitor on my gym’s stationary bike. I need this to better gauge the number of calories I burn.
- Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking is much, much more than a cookbook, and even though I don’t really cook, I still appreciate the craft and skills involved in it. And this six volume set seems like a good place to understand all of the techniques involved in many of the restaurants I’ve been fortunate enough to frequent.
- Lanvin Flower Lapel Pin. I like accessories.
- Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon. Illustrated is a bottle of the 20 year old, but really, I’d take a 15 year old also. Currently, there is a lot of hype about this spirit. The reviews have been stellar, and admittedly, I am very curious.